Friday, November 9, 2012

Small town living.

I have lived in a small town for the last 2 1/2 years. And that town was even smaller than this town but for some reason I have already immersed myself more into this town than I did the last.

Each person I meet has been more helpful than I had ever expected. And it leads me to more and more people who want to help out even more.

Today I was greeted with the traditional kiss and hug at the bank by a teller (female) that I have met once. Later I met a mechanic who had heard about me the day before and knew about the electricity problem I am having at my house. I was walking with a friend today and we saw a guy who delivers purified water and I now have my water delivery set up for Mondays. Last night I met another guy who had already heard about me from a couple of people. Tonight I was driving in town and saw a friend and later the Mother Superior from a Catholic orphanage I had visited earlier. I have met the caretaker of the property in town and the guy who drove all my stuff out from Parramos waved at me yesterday as I drove by. I saw another friend in the bank the day before yesterday. I can't go into town without meeting someone I know!

I love it here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment