Monday, November 26, 2012

Visit to a village.

While I have managed to keep pretty busy since I arrived, I have also had time to do a few other fun things. Last week I was able to go with another ministry (ASOSAP) on one of their village ministries. Since they all spoke Pokomchi in that village, I spent most of my time taking pictures of cute kids until my battery died. :(

They visit these villages on a regular basis teaching them about God's love for us as well as hygiene and other skills.

Cute baby. Her mom is the 16 year old in the green top to the right.
 These guys were listening to the message. As long as I wasn't distracting them with pictures! :)
 Consuelo giving the lesson. 
 This baby was so cute! But her little bare feet made me sad. It is cold there, and I saw many babies and mothers without shoes.


 Watching the Jesus movie in Pokomchi.
 This little girl was so cute with her monkey!
 After the lesson and movie, we all shared lunch together. Then the ladies from the ministry cut hair and did hairdo's as well as painting nails. It was so fun to watch their excitement at it all.
 Big monkey!


 These girls were pretty shy, but warmed up quickly. They had the most beautiful eyes, like their mother.
 This lady sat with her hand over her mouth the whole time they were cutting and styling her hair. This was obviously a treat for her and she was enjoying it!


 I love all the colours.
Curious George's mom getting her nails painted. :)

I really enjoyed spending time with another ministry in a small village. It was hard not being able to speak to them, but I enjoyed communicating in different ways. I hope to do it again soon!

4 comments:

  1. the best coommunicating is done with the heart and it looks like you are fluent :)
    I also love all the colours!
    Was the film well received?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was. They minister on a regular basis to this community and I believe they had seen it before. But since they have no t.v. or cable, it was a treat for them. They really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete