Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Progress.

Hi all. I thought I'd give you all a picture progression of little Marcela's time with us.
 First night she arrived. I'm surprised I was able to smile that big. I was as stressed out as I've ever been. And unfortunately she cried for a long time in the first few days. Transition was tough.
 My scrawny, but beautiful, little Marcy.
 Looking weak and lethargic. Had only been here a few days by then.
 Church, 10 days after coming to us.
 My little bright eyes. Unfortunately, her eyes were happy, but her body wasn't. 
 We needed to give her heart a break, and get some calories in her, so we put in a feeding tube. She hates the insertion. Justified.
 I think at this point she has been told how cute she is enough times that she believes it. ;)
 Little fat face!
She can hold her head up, roll almost all the way over, loves to watch cartoons, having her head rubbed gently is her favourite, talks and smiles more and even laughs sometimes, and knows who loves her. We have enjoyed every minute with her. Watching her progress in her milestones has been wonderful for me. I love to see such astounding achievement in such a short period of time. 

All of this progress takes money. Sorry, had to bring it up. We need special formula for her lactose intolerance (from her malnutrition), we need diapers, we need medical consults, we need exams (urine, blood, x-rays, ultrasounds, etc), we need medicine, we need extra staff members, we need therapy, we need gas money to get us to the experts in Guatemala City, and the list goes on. 

If you would like to partner with us monthly, and help Marcela and the girls who are to come, please click on the tab at the top of the blog "how to donate". You can donate from Canada or the U.S. and receive a tax deductible receipt for both countries.

I really appreciate all your prayer support, and encouraging notes. 

Thank you from Marcela and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment