Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Praise and Prayer.

I'm sorry, I missed last Friday! Some friends came to visit for the weekend, and I was so excited about it, that I forgot.

Today's praise:

  • I was able to spend a good weekend relaxing and hanging out with 2 very good friends of mine. We went to a beautiful place called Semuc Champey.
  • Afternoon Bible Club is going well. We have a new member, Omar, who is 17 years old. He is very sweet, loves to play soccer, and pays very close attention to details.
  • I am loving helping out at the school for kids with special needs. I am learning a lot, and have incorporated some of the info into my Bible Club.


Today's prayer:
  • CNA paperwork. A judge's office called asking if I could take a teenager who was abused by her stepfather and has a baby. I am not licensed, so I cannot take any children. But it is hard to hear specific stories, and know that I can't do anything about it.
  • The little abandoned boy in the Coban hospital. I saw him today, and for the past couple of months I thought he was a girl! That is what I was told, and his clothing reflected that. But today he had a boy name on his crib and definitely boy clothes on. He is so pitiful. When I thought he was a girl, I had hoped (s)he would come live in my home. He is 10 months old, and still without an orphanage placement. Please pray he finds a good home.
  • Safety when I travel.
  • Families affected by the rainy season. The rain is needed, but there has been flooding, and this makes life difficult for everyone.
Hope you all have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment