Monday, September 30, 2013

Kids!

Today I just want to send out a bunch of pictures of the very cute kids that I am blessed to work with. Enjoy!

 When Omar is focused on something, he is very serious about it. He is definitely a detail oriented person! He is 17, and joined the Bible club a couple of weeks ago.
 Guatemala Independance Day was in September. Geovani is proud to be Guatemalan!
 Omar is happy now.
 Joshua, the youngest, got in on craft time, but only long enough to scrunch a few newspapers, then he was off again!
 I'd love to teach Omar to read. I'm not a teacher, but I'm doing a good job of faking it! ;)
 Geovani loves to be praised, and when we clap for him, he joins right in.
 Making a big tower.
 Omar and I working on sorting and building.
 Yay! We made a house!
 I love this picture of Geovani. :)

 Poor guy. Even playing has a teaching element. These are groups of 2.
 More letter practice.
 Geovani finally accepts me touching him. On Thursday I looked at him and smiled, like I always do, and for the first time he looked right at me with eye contact and smiled!!! That was the first time he had responded to only a smile! He'll smile at me if something fun is going on. 
 Working hard.
Poor Joshua! He found some water (there was a leak in the windows I didn't know about and he crawled through the water on the floor) and had to wear girly pink pants while his dried! 

The next pictures are from the school I volunteer at. I have a met a lot of the kids in the school and I sure love being with them!
 Bryan had just finished a running race so he had a gold chocolate medallion as a prize. They also gave out red pop. His little stained lip is so cute! This little guy is quiet and so sweet in class.
 Everyone got medallions for participating in the races.
 Erica and I. So sweet!!!
 Kevin is deaf, and very active! He gets frustrated as very few people can sign with him, so he can be a handful at times!
 Marcela is beautiful. :) She had a seizure as a baby, and as a result could not walk for a long time. Through therapy at the school she has learned to walk again. She doesn't speak, but she is very docile and sweet.
 Gustavo! He is very sweet, and loves to just sit and talk with me. :)
 Making castles!
Who wouldn't love working here?!?

Hope you enjoyed the picture bombing! Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. so glad you can be love for those precious ones~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the joy I see in their faces...they must be enjoying their time with you, Naomi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of kids now! Looks like you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete