Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fun things.

Now that I have finally stopped just waiting for my girls to arrive, I have decided to pursue other things. One is the Bible Club that I have written about. I am having a great time with it, and I think the boys are too!
 Geovani LOVES to kick around the soccer ball. Keena and I spell each other off. ;)
When he kicks the ball and we miss it and it goes past us, he gets this big grin on his face, and laughs and laughs.
 On Tuesday when I went to pick up Gevoani , he heard my voice and came running around the tortilla stand that his mom and sisters work at, and went straight for my car with a huge grin on his face. The above picture is when we arrived at my house. We were waiting for Keena to open the gate, and he leaned forward excitedly to see the house.
Hearing about how God made the plants and flowers, and then colouring them.

This club is only 2 days a week. Because of families hesitancy to let their kids go, I decided to start slow, and gain people's trust gradually. So last week I also started helping out at the local school for kids with special needs. It has been so much fun to hang out with those kiddos! Class is only during the morning, and I go 3 days a week. Yesterday was the first day I could take pictures. They were doing crafts for upcoming Independance Day.
 Erica. She might be my favourite. Shh, don't tell the others! She is so cute and sweet and soft spoken. She also has no problem giving the boys a whack when they take her stuff! 
 Gerlinda. She loves to be praised, and loves to give me the thumbs up!
 Sergio. Cute, but oh is he a handful! He knows what is going on, and could obey if he wanted to, but if he is bored or seeking attention, he goes over to any other child that is working well and starts to harass them. Then he gives me a big hug goodbye and all is forgotten. Almost. ;)
 Rigoberto is sweet and quiet and works very well. On this day, I helped him tape the feather to his crown, and put it on his head. He was so excited about it, that he grabbed me and gave me the longest and hardest bear hug. So cute!!!
Hugo on the left, and Jonaton. Cute boys! 
Jhoseline. She is in the teen class, but I had helped her with her crown, so I wanted to take a picture of her. 
There are 13 kids in the class that I help out with. They are a handful! I have loved getting to know each of their little personalities, and I love helping them accomplish things and give them praise and confirmation. But I am definitely NOT a teacher! :) That takes a special gifting, for sure.

My days stay busy and fun. Still keeping up with the Children's Home paperwork. They are asking again for me to re-submit some things. 

So things are moving along slowly but surely with the Children's Home, and while I'm waiting, I'm going to not stress and enjoy the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment