Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Praise and Prayer.

Happy Friday all!

Today's Praise:
  • The afternoon Bible club is going really well. Later, I'll do a separate post with more pictures. But the three boys seem to love it, and I am really growing to care for them. I rejoice in their accomplishments, and try to avoid bombarding facebook with status' on how great they are all doing!
  • The water saga is over. This really started in November when I moved into the house. It is partly my fault that I didn't get onto it much more aggressively, but I am SO relieved to have a new water pump, a clean and functioning cistern, no leaks and really good water pressure all the way to the house. The workers just have to come on Monday to pick up the leftover materials, and I'll be free!!! This has been such a stressor for me, and I have had to practice patience, and being nice to people when I just wanted to break down and roll up into a little ball until it was all over!
  • I was in contact with a man in Uganda who runs a ministry for people with disabilities. He sent me a Bible study called Designed by God: A Biblical Theology of Disability, Suffering and Church Ministry. It is distributed by Joni and Friends Ministry. I printed it off this morning (all 160 pages of it!) and I really look forward to getting into it. From skimming it, I am excited about what I see already.
Today's Prayer:
  • For more children to join the Bible club. It is so fun, and I know that the majority of children with special needs rarely (if ever) leave their houses. This is a great chance for them to learn, grow, play, get to know others like themselves, be loved on and to learn how much God loves them and considers them special. This is a new program that no one here has heard of. Culture, fear of the unknown and lack of trust in me (as a North American) have caused many families to refuse to let their children come.
  • CNA paperwork. I handed in more revisions last week. So we know that someone is looking at it. It just takes time.
  • Wisdom. I always feel like I could use a lot more of that than I have! ;)
Thank you so much to those of you who pray for myself and for the ministry. Living here, I have realized more and more how important and essential prayer is for daily living. When I start to feel out of control, it usually takes me a while, but I do remember that I have been leaning less on God, and more on myself. Not the greatest plan. So thank you to you all. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You two have contagious smiles! LOVE IT!!! Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete