Saturday, October 6, 2012

Car wash!

I had the pleasure of meeting the ladies from a Bible study at Berea Baptist Church while I was up in Canada over the summer. They listened attentively to my story, then promptly proceeded to bless me with their enthusiasm, encouragement and kind hearts for abandoned, disabled children in Guatemala. 

I heard from them later that they had organized a car wash to raise some funds to buy furnishings for the children's home. It happened one beautiful Saturday in September.



A great group of ladies!

They raised $640!!! I was amazed and so thankful! What a blessing. These ladies have only met me once, but have caught the vision and is allowing the Lord to work through them.

I can't wait to buy bedding, furniture and toys for the children to use. It will be fun to pick items out while thinking about the children that will be safe and warm and fed while enjoying these things. I look forward to tell the children about a group of ladies who have never met them, but loves them anyway because God first loved us. 

Thank you ladies! I so appreciate all your hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment