Monday, October 1, 2012

Taking a break.

    I've been on the hunt for houses. As you know, not an easy task here. So one day a friend took me to a malnutrition center. It is supposed to be a hospital, but because of a lack of resources and staff, it is more just a health center. Only the babies can stay overnight and are usually in the program for several months.

 This is Wendy.
 This is Heidy. She is 14 months old and has had some noticeable delays since her birth.
 It was visiting hour for the parents so I didn't get to visit with all of the babies.

 Heidy loved to have her belly tickled!
     There were many needs in this center. The nurse in charge has only been there 3 months and I really felt like she had such a heart for these children. She was joyful to talk to and positive about the things that they could and were doing. At the end we prayed for her and she began to cry quietly. It is hard to see such a need and not be able to help more. But she drew her strength from the Lord. 

    I hope to be able to visit again and help out. Often at night, there is only one staff member on to look after 12 babies.

2 comments:

  1. What center is this and where is it located? I am excited to see this dream unfold for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, this centre is in San Cristobal, Alta Verapaz (near Coban). Thanks for the excitement, I'm so excited as well! I would love for you and your family to visit once we are up and running!

    ReplyDelete