Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sometimes you just need to ask for help!

I have never been one who likes to ask for help. If I couldn't do it myself, it probably didn't need to get done! I hate to feel like I am inconveniencing others.

Living in a foreign country as a missionary has definitely brought me down several notches on the pride ladder. And now starting a ministry from the ground up, I realize I need all the help I can get!

Administration is not a gift of mine. Recently I have been feeling completely overwhelmed with some of the tasks in front of me. This has caused me to put off tasks longer than I should have. Yesterday I had a visit from "super admin woman"! Well, I didn't know she wore this title until we were talking more. I had just invited them over for cookies. But we got talking and my confession came out. She immediately offered to show me more another day. During this same conversation I mentioned that since I had taken on more tasks that I was unfamiliar with I said that "it would be freaking convenient to have a husband right now!" I could pawn off all the unfun tasks on him. :) If you get lost, call the husband. Your car breaks down, call the husband. You don't like admin work, call the husband. You get my drift.

So today I headed over to their house for my admin lessons. And got lost. So I called my friend Karren and she immediately sent out her husband to rescue me. How convenient! When he showed up, this was the sign he waved out the window at me.
Then Karren (aka super admin woman) helped me set up a system and showed me how she had done hers and for some reason it made sense. Let's just hope it makes sense later when I try by myself. I do have her phone number though. Hee hee.

This is me looking somewhat confused with the computer in general.
 This is me happy with how magical excel spreadsheets really can be. :)
So thanks Karren and Rocky!

P.S. I even got lasagna out of the deal. 2 pieces of it! All in all, a good day.

1 comment: