Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Welcome to San Cristobal, Alta Verapaz!

This is the main road leading out of San Cristobal. Not a great picture, but I have more time now to explore the town and take better ones.
I have made the move! Well, sort of. I am housesitting right now and I will go back to Parramos at the end of the month to pack up the rest of my things to bring, but this is the town where Treasures of God Children's Home will get it's beginning. I have found a house to rent, and once I sign the lease papers I will take pictures to post.

This town is about 3 1/2 hours from the Capital City and 5 hours from my former house. It is a small town in the mountains that sits on the side of a lake. There seems to be a lot of rain in the afternoons and I am told their rainy season lasts a lot longer than the rest of the country. I am going to have to buy rubber boots. It is a friendly town with little trouble. Tranquille is the word people who live here use to describe it. When I went to the grocery store yesterday the cashier asked about me and what I was doing since she had not seen me before.

I have already met several people who are more than willing to give me contacts and help me to get started. People here are so wiling to help someone they have only just met. This is so important and I am so grateful that God brought me to this particular community.

Please keep praying. Transition and new beginnings can (and will be) bumpy and I want to follow the path God has planned for me, the home, and the children regardless of what the journey looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment